Many people have been asking us, "What is cryotherapy used for?" And we're here to answer! Cryotherapy is used as a form of therapy to help decrease inflammation, ease muscle pain and spasms, speed up recovery, and slow aging cells in the body. Many athletes have been soaking in freezing cold baths for decades, but due to recent innovations and the tech-forward age we live in, whole body cryotherapy is the new (and more effective) version of the classic ice bath.
In recent years, however, cryotherapy has moved from the athlete arena and into the public. Now health and wellness communities—such as Renew Juicery—offer the treatment to their local community.
What are you waiting for? Book the best cryotherapy in Los Angeles with Renew Juicery!
How does cryotherapy work?
Note: During whole body cryotherapy, individuals wear minimal or no clothing to ensure maximum contact is made with the body. Items like gloves, wool headbands, socks, and shoes are provided to protect your extremities.
- Cryotherapy lasts between 2-4 minutes.
- The cryotherapy chamber drops down to -200 degrees Fahrenheit, or lower.
- The body’s skin receptors signal a message to the brain that you’re freezing.
- The body then naturally reacts by rushing all the blood to protect your vital organs.
- In this process, the blood picks up extra enzymes and nutrients normally held in storage-mode in your body.
- Once you are finished and step out of the machine, your body acclimates to the room temperature and blood rushes throughout the body.
- The body then focuses on healing those problematic areas with proper blood circulation.
Benefits of cyrotherapy:
There are so many benefits when it comes to whole body cryotherapy, the first being it effectively eases pain and discomfort associated with numerous chronic medical conditions. Using cryo also helps those who are injured, easing inflammation of the muscles and speeding up recovery time.
It's also known that cyrotherapy supports weight loss and the burning of stubborn body fat. Since your body goes into survival mode once in the freezing chamber, your metabolic rate becomes supercharged, torching 500-1000 calories in the process.
Other benefits of cryotherapy include the long-lasting impact is has on your skin. It's known that doing cryo every week can help expel toxins from the body, leaving your skin clear of blemishes and looking radiant. Additionally, cryotherapy helps speed up cell regeneration—eliminating dead cells and creating new ones—and can be used as a natural anti-aging method.