With the words “detox” and “cleansing” being so popular right now it’s easy to become overwhelmed when trying to figure out how best to keep your system toxin free.While juice and supplement cleanses can be great, they’re not always an option in our busy lives. The good news is there are ways to detox that you can incorporate into your daily routines and that don’t involve giving up food or swallowing down chalky powder drinks. Here are some of my favorite daily toxin fighting rituals.
1) 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt in a glass of room temp water to start your day.
- Be sure to mix the salt water in with plastic or wood (no metal). Drink your glass of saltwater and don’t eat for 30 minutes. It’s the perfect way to flush unprocessed food and reset your body for the day!
2) Chew on some cloves or make a clove tea. Cloves are known to be antifungal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory.
3) Oil Pulling- I suggest using organic raw coconut oil. Our mouths are full of fungus, bacteria and toxins. Oil pulling cleanse these things out before they have a chance to get any deeper into our body. Plus it’s a great for teeth whitening!
- Slightly heat a Tablespoon (or two) of coconut oil until it turns to liquid. Take a sip and swish around in your mouth for as long as you can. Try to build up to at least 10 minutes. I do it while I’m in the shower. This is a really easy way to make it a part of your routine without taking up any additional time in the morning.
4) 15 minute Epsom Salt bath. No longer! Our skin is like a sponge pulling in toxins from our environment. Soaking in an Epsom salt bath is a great way to help pull those toxins from the skin and flush them away. Anytime I start to feel sick I immediately hop into an Epsom salt bath. When I’m feeling like I really need some extra help I grab a packet of Pursoma bath salt and pour that into my bath. Not only does it smell and feel luxurious but it’s incredibly effective.
5) Lemon water. Make it warm if it’s cold out or chilled if it’s a hot summer day. Lemon helps our body flush toxins, gets the lymphatic system moving and boost collagen production.